50.6 Megapixels Ultra High Resolution image
- Approximately 50.6 megapixel ultra-high-pixel Full-frame Canon CMOS sensor
- EOS 5DS R is designed with the effect of optical low pass filter cancelled1, maximizing the sharpness and clarity of the ultra-high-pixel resolving power
- Dual "DIGIC 6" digital image processors
- Standard ISO range from 100 to 6400 (expandable to L:50 and H: 12800)
- 5FPS High Speed Continuous Shooting at full resolution
New designs and functions to ensure sharpness and details in ultra-high-pixel image
- Adoption of new Mirror Vibration Control System (MVCS) which suppresses camera-shake blurring due to mirror motion in ultra-high-pixel image
- The rigidity of the tripod socket and surrounding parts have been improved to reduce camera vibrations caused by mirror motion
- New Picture Style ‘Fine Detail’ has been added to emphasis fine edges and material textures brought by the ultra high resolution
- Sharpness setting with ‘Fineness’ and ‘Threshold’ parameters in Picture Style for fine adjustment of sharpening effect
61-point AF system and EOS iTR AF to achieve high AF precision in ultra-high-pixel resolution
- High precision 61-point2 High Density Reticular AF sensor as found in EOS 5D Mark III with maximum 41-point cross-type AF points
- 150,000-pixel RGB+IR metering sensor with 252-zone metering and detects Red (R), Green (G), Blue (B) and near-infrared light (NIR) information which enables more accurate analysis from "EOS Scene Detection System"
- EOS iSA (Intelligent Subject Analysis) system that enhances auto exposure, autofocus and auto white balance under different light sources
- EOS iTR (Intelligent Tracking Recognition) AF function that tracks recognized subject in optical viewfinder and keeps the subject in focus throughout the scene
A host of new functions to enhance operability
- Optical viewfinder with 100% coverage and 0.71x magnification
- "Intelligent Viewfinder II" with on-demand shooting information display.
- Equipped with "Anti-Flicker Shooting"
- New 1.3x and 1.6x Crop Shooting mode is added for the first time, cropped area can be display in the optical viewfinder
- New ‘Time Lapse Movie’ function, a series of still images shot over a specific interval can be automatically saved to a Full HD time lapse movie3
- Supports Movie Servo AF
- New customizable “ Quick Control screen” which allows user to display and arrange the on-screen items freely based on personal preference
- Built-in with "Interval Timer" and "Bulb Timer"
- USB 3.0 digital terminal enables fast transfer of images
- Shutter unit with 150,000-cycle durability4
- Rigid Magnesium Alloy Body with dust and water resistance design5
1 The Probability of moiré and false color occurrence is higher in EOS 5DSR when compared to EOS 5DS.
2 The number of available focus points depends on the lens attached
3 Maximum 3600 exposures, maximum 2 minutes (NTSC) or 2 minutes 24 second (PAL) timelapse movie can be shot.
4 Shutter durability may vary depending on usage and environmental conditions
5 Not recommended to use in the rain